In Service Learning, we strive to “become what we receive” at Mass -- the total love of Christ in solidarity with others and all of creation.
In the Theology curriculum, students are required to complete 20 hours of a Service Learning Project in each grade. The student selected Service Learning commitment culminates each year in a final presentation on one's chosen praxis (action-reflection-action).
There are a number of service opportunities offered on and off campus with the Diocese through Campus Ministry. Note: There is a steady stream of service opportunities presented all year. Please visit Campus Ministry and/or contact Mr. Ed Ibarra (phone and email listed in left column) for details.
Notre Dame sponsored services on weekly, monthly, and yearly basis:
- Red Rhino Orphanage in Kenya, Africa
- Ag Against Hunger
- Center for Life in East Salinas
- Bitten-Falge Farm Workers Food Delivery
- Yearly blood drive, coat drive, food drive, and Walk for Life
- Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
- Madonna Manor
- Monitoring of campus life through anonymous "I Care" boxes