Students have an opportunity to deepen their relationship with Christ in service to others and all of creation. Service Learning constitutes a praxis, which is an on-going process of awareness, analysis, and action. We see "faith" as a verb. It is what we do that makes all the difference.
Each grade level has a specific target population:
- 9th grade: Youth
- 10th grade: Elderly, infirm, and physically/intellectually challenged
- 11th grade: Underserved and underrepresented
- 12th grade: Local, national and global women
Basic Requirements of the Service Learning Project
- Letter of intent
- Mentor check-in forms
- Minimum of ten hours service per semester with target population
- Final project per semester
In addition to Notre Dame sponsored services, there are a number of off-campus Service Learning opportunities, listed on the Off-campus Service web page.